Percept launches international title, DJ Mag

By afaqs! news bureau , afaqs!, New Delhi | In Media Publishing | July 09, 2012
The dance music magazine will cater to music lovers, DJs and music critics of the country.

Percept Ltd and Man's World have come together to launch an international dance and music magazine titled DJ Mag in India, through a licence arrangement with Thrust Publishing. While Percept has bagged the rights to publish the magazine, it has awarded the editorial and distribution duties to Man's World, the publishers of Rolling Stones magazine in India.

DJ Magazine

The media house has launched the Indian edition of the international magazine with an initial print run of 10,000 copies and a cover price of Rs 150.

The core TG (target group) of the magazine includes dance and music lovers in the age group of 15-35 years.

As part of the arrangement between Man's World and Percept, the former will be responsible for the entire distribution of the magazine. Besides this, the company is tying up with clubs in Mumbai, Delhi, Bengaluru, Pune, Hyderabad and Chennai for point of sale and annual subscription schemes.

The Indian edition of the monthly magazine will initially have 70 per cent international content and the remaining 30 per cent content will be generated locally.

To promote the magazine, Percept will launch a campaign that will include the online medium and its partners like VH1, MTV and on-ground activities across various clubs featuring international and Indian artists.

DJ Mag is present in several other countries including the UK, Germany, Brazil, Mexico, Russia, Ukraine, Poland, Bulgaria, Italy, West Asia and South Korea.

The magazine will have interviews of the 'Dance Music Stars', a sneak preview into the music festivals happening around the world, latest trends in technology, clubbing the culture of the West with a mix of latest from the Indian dance music scene.

For the record, DJ Mag is a monthly magazine first printed in 1991, dedicated to dance music. The magazine is available through newsagents worldwide, via subscription.

Search Tags

© 2012 afaqs!