With the end of the fiscal year, April is considered as the first launching phase for many products and advertisers.
Let's look at the viewership's analysis of top Indian advertisements for the month of April.
All the stats here are updated on May 5, 2017.
• Only advertisements launched in April 2017 are considered.
• The list does not include ads (about the video content) by another content provider platform like Netflix India and Hotstar.
• The overall audience sentiment that is mentioned below each advertisement is based on - the number of views, likes, dislikes, watch time and comments.
1. MakeMyTrip International - Ranveer, Alia & Diana
The Indian hotel market is one of the most fragmented and under - penetrated markets. Their focus on converting the 'offline' traveller to make his/her bookings online, is now showing signs of success as people are connecting with the funny yet to the point characters that we see every day. This is the reason why this video is the most viewed advertisement for the month of April with more than 10 million YouTube views.
2. Pond's White Beauty Cream: The secret to spotless skin!
Coming second is the beauty cream advertisement from Ponds. This ad shows Ileana D'Cruz revealing the new anti-spot formula of Pond's White Beauty cream and the advantages of it. This ad is carefully crafted by showcasing the problems of customers and how the product will solve them. Considering the Indian summer, April was the perfect time for Ponds to target its audience.
3. #MakeMostOfNow - Find your way with the Data Strong Network™ - Vodafone SuperNet™ 4G
Vodafone's new ad campaign shows a brilliant way to showcase the benefits of its 4G services in India. This ad is conceptualised by team Ogilvy and captures the elements of how elders can use the high-speed internet to re-explore their daily life with a touch of comedy. This is the reason why this advertisement generated more than 10 thousand YouTube likes in a span of merely 20 days.
4. #ChooseStrength with Fall Resist 3X by L'Oréal Paris
With two decades in the Indian market, L'Oréal is one of the most trusted hair care brands at present. With more than 4 million views on YouTube, the '#ChooseStrength with Fall Resist' advertisement it's the fifth most viewed ad for the month of April.
5. The Drive With Besties | Ft. Vipul Goyal, Mallika Dua, Kaneez Surka
When you buy a new car, all you want to do is take it out for a drive. This tagline may sound a little preachy, but this is the exact thing anyone would do upon purchasing a brand new car. Cars in India are so special, that they are often counted as one of the family members. People usually hate longer advertisements on YouTube. This ad, even though it is a three-and-a-half-minute-long one, has an average watch time of over two minutes!
6. Introducing the Happy Price Combos!
Created by Leo Burnett India, the TV-led integrated campaign showcases people's diversity and celebrates their choices, even though they are different. This video has generated more than 3 million views.
7. An Uncomfortable Question - Ford Safety | Ford India
Over the years, India has seen a steep rise in road accidents. As per the statistics of Indian road accidents, a life is lost every four minutes. In India, rules and regulations won't bring many changes until automobile brands take responsibility and provide enhanced safety features preassembled in the car.
8. Inspired by style, the #TigorStyleback is here to make heads turn
In the midst of summer, Tata launched its third and one of the most awaited compact sedans. TIGOR is positioned below the current crop of compact sedans with an intention to overtake TATA - Indigo's place. With a touch of both minimalism and modern art, the advertisement reflects the values upon which the sedan is crafted.
9. MMT Assured - Conversion Hindi (40 Sec)
There are times when the appearance of high profile celebrities change the core values that the brand wants to express. But, when these two quirky duos appear on screen with their comic avatars, YouTube users tend to appreciate the humorous tone of the advertisement by watching it again and again.
10. Vaseline Healthy White for healthy, visibly fairer skin
Neglecting the sun in the summers, especially in India, is easy. The sun-kissed look of a tan with pollutants can harm your skin in many ways. This TVC is the perfect example of a crisp product message describing its variants and effects in just 20 seconds.
(The author is co-founder and CEO at Vidooly, a YouTube audience development and analytics firm.)