DB Corp (DBCL), the print media company and home to flagship newspapers Dainik Bhaskar, Divya Bhaskar, Divya Marathi and Saurashtra Samachar, recently announced that Dainik Bhaskar has emerged as the No 2 newspaper in the state of Bihar. This success has been achieved within a short period, since it initiated its circulation expansion drive in Bihar.
Hansa Research Group undertook a commissioned readership research in Bihar to gauge the readership of various Hindi newspapers, their readership profile, key product consumptions, readers' engagement and brand satisfaction. As per this readership report, Dainik Bhaskar is at No 2 position with an average issue readership(AIR) of 9.11 lakhs, while the legacy player leads with AIR of 9.98 lakh. In Patna city, Dainik Bhaskar is at Number 1 position with AIR of 5.07 lakh readers.
ALSO READ: Leadership changes at DB Digital
Key findings by Hansa Research Group:
• At an overall level, Dainik Bhaskar isNumber2with 9.11 lakh readers.The leader has an AIR of 9.98 lakh reader,marginal lead of 9.5%.
• Readership profile:
o In terms of profile of readersDainik Bhaskar attracts72% affluent NCCS AB readers [immediate peersare at 68%].
• In absolute number terms, the immediate peercaters to 6.78 lakh readers in the affluent NCCS AB segments, while Dainik Bhaskar caters to 6.56 lakh readers in the same segment [Immediate peer leads by a small difference of 3 per cent]
o Daink Bhaskar is prefered by a more matured readership profile with average age of 35 years
o Dainik Bhaskar has thehighest women readershipat 47 per cent amongst peers[the immediate peer enjoys 44 per cent women readership]
• Dainik Bhaskar has the highest proportion of readers with smartphones, motorcycles, refrigerators -in line with its higher NCCS AB readership
• Dainik Bhaskar at 81 per cent has the highest primary readership(newspaper subscription-at home / at school / at office)
• Time spent on readingthe news paper: While Readers of leading peerspends 28.8 minutes on an average; Dainik Bhaskar reader spends on an average 28.4 minutes.
• Brand satisfaction: Driven bythe major push on editorial content, Dainik Bhaskar's brand satisfaction score is at 4.3 as compared to leader's at 4.4.
Girish Agarwaal, promoter-director, Dainik Bhaskar Group, says in a press release, "The results of the indepth survey by Hansa Research to gauge Dainik Bhaskar's readership position and strengths across several important parametres in Bihar, have reiterated our strong position in Bihar, the success of our expansion startegy and the appeal of our product.In Bihar we have once again demonstrated our execution capabilities through a well planned editorial strategy to cater to underserved readers, innovative content, impactful activations and determined efforts to strengthen circulation. We will do our best to contiue to maintain this growth momentum in Bihar and make all efforts in reducing the readership gap."
The study was conducted across 13 towns. A sample size of 2085 respondents were taken, varying across age group of 12+years, gender, all NCCScategories and urban 1 lakh + towns. Feedback was captured through face to face interviews, with the help of a detailed structured questionnaire.
For feedback/comments, please write to firstname.lastname@example.orgFirst Published : August 07, 2018 03:35 PM