Hyderabad, March 23, 2011
Sistema Shyam TeleServices Limited (SSTL) today announced the launch of its high-speed mobile broadband service, MBlaze in Andhra Pradesh. MTS has rolled out its high speed mobile internet services in Hyderabad, Vijayawada, Vishakhapatnam, Tirupati, Warangal, Rajahmundry and Kakinada. Bringing in portfolio of world-class services and innovative offers, MTS becomes the first telecom service operator to provide High Speed Mobile Broadband services at Tirumala Hills in Tirupati.
According to Atul Joshi, Chief Sales Officer, Sistema Shyam TeleServices Ltd, MTS is committed to building a business model based on its unique and differentiated 'Data centric, Voice enabled' strategy. As part of this commitment, the company is rapidly expanding its data footprint in the country and currently offers High Speed Mobile broadband services under the MBlaze brand in over 130 towns across India including 75 of top-100 cities across the country. Specifically, looking at Andhra Pradesh, it is an important market for us and we have earmarked Rs. 30 Crore to roll out our data services across the state.
Extending its presence across the country, MTS now provides High Speed Mobile Broadband services in over 60 towns across the South Indian states of Andhra Pradesh, Karnataka, Tamil Nadu and Kerala. MBlaze services in Andhra Pradesh are supported by a robust network of 3000 retail outlets and 40 company flagship stores.
According to Mr. Suresh S Kumar, Chief Operating Officer, Karnataka and Andhra Pradesh circles, Sistema Shyam TeleServices Ltd, "We are excited to launch our High Speed Mobile Broadband service in Andhra Pradesh. Customers in Andhra Pradesh will now be able to enjoy the unmatched MBlaze experience coupled with attractive tariffs and innovative offerings. With the launch, MTS becomes the first and only telecom service operator to provide High Speed Mobile Broadband services at Tirumala Hills in Tirupati."
Data Opportunity In India
As per Telecom Regulatory Authority of India's (TRAI) December 2010 report, the broadband penetration in India stands at just 0.8% as against the Teledensity of 60.99% as of September 2010. This in-turn translates to a mere 10.3 million broadband connections by the end of 2010. The National Broadband Plan envisages provision of 160 million broadband connections including 60 million wireless broadband connections by the year 2014. Hence, there is a huge opportunity for the growth and proliferation of High Speed Mobile Broadband services in the country.
MTS provides High Speed Mobile Broadband services in over 100 Indian cities including the top five metros. The company is rapidly expanding its high speed data (HSD) network and currently addresses over 92% of data potential across India.
MBlaze World Cup Pack
• MBlaze World Cup Pack - On recharging with Rs. 798, MBlaze customers to get 5 GB data usage free. Additionally, for every Indian victory in the world cup, MBlaze customers will get 250MB data usage free. If India wins all its matches including the world cup final, the customers will get over 2 GB data usage absolutely free.
MBlaze Tariff Advantage
• To suit everyone's pocket, MTS has introduced attractive data usage plans starting from Rs.198.
• Customers also have the option to enjoy unlimited data usage with Unlimited MBlazer priced at just Rs. 999 with a 30 day validity.
MTS TV - Access to Live TV and Video on Demand
• Using MBlaze dongles and HSD (High Speed Data) compatible handsets, MTS customers can enjoy video streaming, High quality audio/video download and live play back.
• With MTS TV, customers can watch over 60 LIVE TV and on demand Video Channels. The customers will get access to a range of News, Entertainment, Sports and Regional channels.
Exciting Offers for MBlaze Customers
• MTS has tied up with Hewlett Packard (HP) - On purchase of an HP laptop, customers can get MBlaze for just Rs. 999; made available through prepaid plans
For further information, please contact:
Adfactors PR Pvt Ltd