Mumbai, February 12, 2013
A galaxy of top speaker will address content creators in advertising and media on 16th February in Mumbai at the Seminar on Gender Sensitivity being organized by the India Chapter of the International Advertising Association (IAA) in partnership with UNFPA (United Nations Population Fund), Laadli, an NGO and the Zee Group.
Branded VOW (stop Violence On Women) this is the first step in the IAA's major initiative to try and use the power of creative and effective communication to change behavioral patterns regarding women's issues in our society.
Mr. Srinivasan Swamy, President IAA said "Sometimes unconsciously, content creators reinforce gender stereotypes. We also need to be very focused on not portraying women as objects. This Seminar, aimed at our advertising, media and entertainment industry is a way of looking within ourselves and making sure we portray women in the right light at all times".
Mr. Kaushik Roy, Chairman, Public Service Committee said "the spontaneous response of so many leaders of the creative part of our industry is very heartening. With such content, I am sure the Seminar will be a unique experience."
The speakers include Abhijeet Awasti of Ogilvy, Anuja Gulati of UNFPA, Josy Paul of BBDO India, Sangeetha Narasimhan of R K SWAMY BBDO, Tista Setalwad of JWT, K V Sridhar of Leo Burnett, Dr. A L Sharada of Laadli, Dr. Anjali Monteiro of TISS, Nandita Gandhi of Akshara, Geeta Rao, Ajay Balwankar of Zee, Mandira Bedi and Zoya Akhtar.
Industry representatives interested in registering for this important Seminar (no entry fee) should send details of their names, designation and the company they represent to firstname.lastname@example.org and bring the acknowledgement they receive to the venue.
LIST OF SPEAKERS FOR THE VOW SEMINAR ON 16TH FEBRUARY 2013 AT MAYFAIR ROOMS
1. Abhijit Avasthi - Executive Creative Director, Ogilvy India
2. Ajay Balwankar - Head of Programming, Zee
3. Anuja Gulati - State Programme Officer of UNFPA (United Nation Population Fund)
4. Dr A L Sharada - Programme Director, LAADLI
5. Dr Anjali Monteiro - Professor & Dean School of Media and Cultural Studies, TISS
6. Dr. Shyam Benegal - Film Director & Screenwriter - MP
7. Geeta Rao - Creative Director, Geeta's List
8. Josy Paul - Chairman & National Creative Director, BBDO India
9. K V Sridhar (Pops) - National Creative Director, Leo Burnett
10. Mandira Bedi - TV personality
11. Nandita Gandhi - Co-director, Akshara
12. Sangeetha Narasimhan - Executive Creative Director, R K SWAMY BBDO
13. Sonal Dabral - Chairman & Chief Creative Officer, DDB Mudra
14. Tista Sen - National Creative Director, JWT
15. Zoya Akhtar - Film Director
For further information, please contact:
HANSA Public Relations