Forty-seven golds were won at the first edition of afaqs!' Media Brand Awards held in New Delhi last evening.
The results of the Media Brand Awards were announced at a fun-filled evening at the Holiday Inn (Aerocity), New Delhi. The idea behind this entire effort was to celebrate the exceptional work by media brands across Print, TV News, TV Entertainment, Radio, Online Publisher, and OTT.
The media and entertainment business in India has been growing at an unprecedented rate. But while the audience/consumers are having a gala time due to the diverse options at their disposal, brands are indulging in a cut-throat competition to secure the top spot. Identifying the efforts by the Media Brands and apprising the consumers about the special initiatives while rewarding the extraordinary work - is what afaqs! Media Brand Awards looked out for.
The Awards aim to honour the marketing communication work done by Media Brands across all forms of media. Entries were open for 11 categories - Best Out-Of-Home, Best Brand Activation, Best Branded Content Campaign, Best Online Campaign, Best Social Media Campaign, Best Print Ad, Best Video Promo, Best IPR Event, Best CSR Initiative, Best Integrated Campaign, and Best Trade Media Campaign.
Here are the names of the brands that managed to strike Gold this year -
Under the Online Publisher Media Type-
• Firstpost (3 categories) for India Ka Fashion Capital Powered By Flipkart Fashion and Firstpost
• Manorama Online (2 categories) for Water Conservation Movement After The Deadly Kerala Floods and Navamalayali - At Pace With The Fast-Changing World
• News18.com for REEL Movie Awards 2019
Under the OTT Media Type-
• ALTBalaji for Puncch Beat
• Eros Now for SideHero - An Eros Now Original
• MX Player (2 categories) for #ElectionsonMX - Nukkad Nataks and MX Player Brand Campaign
• ShemarooMe for Best Integrated Campaign - ShemarooMe
• TVF Play for TVF's Yeh Meri Family and Girliyapa & Whisper's Meri Life Mere Rules
Under the Print Media Type-
• Dainik Jagran (7 categories) for Kashi Anand, Daughter's Diary, Sanskarshala, Jagran Film Festival, Hindi Hai Hum, and Casino Grande
• Hindustan Times (2 categories) for Hindustan Times - Mumbai Meri Hai and HT Gurugram Launch
• Mumbai Mirror for Mumbai Mirror Operation Khataara - Let's take back our Roads!
• Radio Mirchi (2 categories) for Kick The Plastic Campaign and Main Bhi Naved
• Red FM (5 categories) for Bachate Raho - Kumbh Mela, Equality For All, Red FM Ka Maha Thappa, Bauaa Riddle, and Section 377 Song
Under the TV Entertainment Media Type-
• &Flix (2 categories) for Celebs Can Also Be Misjudged! #WhereIsMyChannel and Tweet To Reveal - &Flix
• &TV for Daayan - Best Social Media Campaign
• Animal Planet for Animal Planet Dodo Heroes
• Sony YAY! for Jholmaal Lunchbox Carrybag
• Star Sports (2 categories ) for Google AI Coach and VIVO IPL 2018
• Zee Bollywood for Zee Bollywood Channel Launch Campaign
• Zee Café for The Blood of House Of Cards- Zee Café
Under the TV News Type-
• CNN-News18 for 18 = 1 CAMPAIGN
• ET Now for Indian Economic Conclave
• News18 India for News18 India - MP-Rajasthan Election Campaign
• Times Now (5 categories) for Swachh Neta Campaign, India For Kerala, and Let's End Child Abuse
Every participating entity was shortlisted for a special award in its type. Winners were chosen on the basis of the total number of points they have. For each Gold, 30 points were added, Silver 20 points and Bronze 10 points. And the brand which received the highest total points won this award.
Below is the list of the winners who scored the maximum number of points in their particular media brand type.
• TV Entertainment Channel of the Year Award - Star Sports
• Newspaper of the Year Award - Dainik Jagran
• Radio Station of the Year Award - RED FM
• TV News Channel of the Year Award - Times Now
• OTT Platform of the Year Award - TVF Play
• Online Publisher of the Year Award - Firstpost
The Media Brand Awards jurors included:
Anand Chakravarthy, Managing Director, Essence
Anita Nayyar, CEO India & Southeast Asia, Havas Media Group
Chandramohan Mehra, Chief Marketing Officer, Bajaj Allianz Life Insurance and Bajaj Allianz General Insurance
Garima Khandelwal, Chief Creative Officer, Mullen Lintas
Jaskaran Singh Kapany, Marketing Head, Paytm
Josy Paul, Chairman and CCO, BBDO India
Jyoti Kumar Bansal, CEO, PHD India
Karan Kumar, Chief Brand & Marketing Officer, Fabindia
Kartik Smetacek, Joint National Creative Director, L&K Saatchi and Saatchi
Puneet Das, Vice President Marketing - India, Tata Global Beverages
Tarun Jha, Head of Marketing and Product, Skoda
Tushar Vyas, President Growth and Transformation, South Asia, GroupM
Vanita Keswani, CEO, Madison Media Sigma
Vivek Sharma, Chief Marketing Officer, Pidilite
In total, 47 Gold, 45 Silver, and 25 Bronze metals were awarded.
Media Brand Awards had Adobe as the Technology partner and Times Internet as the Online partner.