Lintas India soon to be 100 per cent IPG entity

By , agencyfaqs! | In Advertising
Last updated : May 09, 2007
At present, IPG owns a 49 per cent stake in Lintas India. Following a request from IPG, the board of Lintas India has approved the transfer of the remaining 51 per cent stake to IPG. The formalities will soon be completed, subject to government approval

It has

been announced that Lintas India will soon be unified completely with the Interpublic Group of Companies (IPG). In reaction to a request from IPG, the board of Lintas India has approved a proposal from the shareholders of the company to transfer the balance 51 per cent of its shares to IPG. As is known, IPG at present owns 49 per cent of the shares in Lintas India. The transaction is awaiting approval from the relevant authorities.

The decision to integrate fully into the Lowe Worldwide/IPG system will further strengthen Lintas India's readiness to meet the challenges of the new marketing environment in India. The decision was also based on significant changes in the servicing needs of global clients, requiring fully integrated global management and creative teams on their brands, and the increasing needs of Indian clients for services outside the country.

Furthermore, the decision is fuelled by the increasing importance of world class expertise in integrated communications services above and beyond mass media. This move will open up opportunities for Lintas India's specialised businesses to integrate fully with IPG companies abroad that are already functioning as leaders in their respective areas in advanced markets such as the USA, the UK and the rest of Europe. This also offers enhanced opportunities for Indian managers to contribute to the global system.

Lintas India started off as a single advertising agency, and now the group has evolved into a series of companies and businesses offering total integrated communication solutions to its clients. With Lowe India as its flagship agency, it has two more completely independent advertising companies. It includes India's second largest media business with brands such as Initiative, Insight, Interactions, Intellect and Media Futures. In the through the line area, Lintas' businesses include Lintas Personal, Linterland, LinOpinion, Advent, Lintertainment, Lintas Healthcare, dCell and Aaren Initiative. The group services nearly 200 clients, including Hindustan Unilever, ITC, Johnson & Johnson, Idea, Maruti, LG, Tata, Nestle, Britannia, Bajaj Auto, Titan Industries, ICICI Prudential and Berger Paints.

2007 agencyfaqs!

First Published : May 09, 2007

© 2007 agencyfaqs!