Hakuhodo Percept helps to cool off with Daikin ACs

By afaqs! news bureau , afaqs!, Mumbai | In Advertising
Last updated : June 02, 2009
The agency has won the creative and media duties for Daikin Air conditioners

Hakuhodo Percept has bagged the creative and media duties for Daikin air conditioners. The air conditioning business from the Daikin Industries stable comprises about 90 per cent of the group's business.

There was no pitch involved and Hakuhodo Percept won the account after it presented its ideas and strategies to the executives at Daikin. The incumbent agency was Dentsu Marcom. The account size is pegged at upwards of Rs 5 crore.

The media duties were also handled by Dentsu Media and are now handled by Hakuhodo Percept.

Amitabha Lahiri, chief operating officer, Hakuhodo Percept, says that he had already worked on the brand earlier and had a fair idea of the company, which helped the agency to formulate a strategy.

He adds that although Daikin caters to both consumers and institutes, it is a major player in the B2B space.

Hakuhodo Percept will release a new integrated campaign soon, which will make use of television, print, outdoor, digital and other media.

The earlier campaigns of the brand had been positioned on the 'silence' factor - which is the USP of Daikin.

In India, Daikin's sales to commercial establishments constitute about 70 per cent of the group's business, while sales to the household market segment constitute the remaining 30 per cent.

Hakuhodo Percept was established in January 2000 and is a brand management specialist offering an entire spectrum of advertising, marketing and media buying services. Hakuhodo Percept is a 50:50 joint venture between Hakuhodo Inc. and Percept.

Some of the clients handled by Hakuhodo Percept are Maruti, Sony, Suzuki two-wheelers and Citizen.

First Published : June 02, 2009

© 2009 afaqs!