Delhi gets its first Food and Nightlife magazine

By Sumantha Rathore , afaqs!, New Delhi | In Media Publishing
Last updated : September 25, 2014 04:04 PM
PlanForMe is launching Food and Nightlife for Delhi, a one-stop solution for all planning needs related to the food and hospitality industry, is launching the print avatar of the website, in the form of a magazine called Food and Nightlife.

It is being positioned as a Delhi-centric magazine. With a cover price of Rs 30, the 60-page magazine will have an initial print run of 50,000 copies. Editorial content will form 70 per cent of the pages, while the remaining 30 per cent will be advertisements.

Talking about the launch, Sumit Goyal, chief executive officer and editor-in-chief, Food and Nightlife, says, "We already have a web portal,, which has a wide reach in the food and nightlife sector, with monthly visitors of around 2 lakh. But, then it has restriction; and we wanted to create something that can be read at a coffee table or while commuting to work."

Though there are no magazines that cater only to the food and nightlife genre in Delhi, Time Out Delhi covers this genre elaborately.

This monthly magazine will be available on stands from October 03, 2009. The content mix will include celebrity chef interviews, industry pointers, new technology in cooking, where to eat, what to eat, food reviews, celeb cooking, DJ interviews, hottest party dungeons, midnight meals and laidback lounges.

Talking about the USP of the magazine, Goyal says, "It is one of its kind, dealing entirely in the food and nightlife sector in a creative format. As for now, we see nobody as our direct competitor. There a lot of magazines doing a small section or two on food or nightlife, but nothing dedicated on just food and nightlife."

Started a year ago, PlanForMe is a virtual food zone, where customers can book a table in a restaurant, or get food delivered at their doorstep from the outlet of their choice, from anywhere in Delhi.

The company aims to develop as a brand, which will help in organising the online food ordering system of India's food and beverages sector. It is also planning to launch new properties on the Web that will be based on food and entertainment, and will provide users an interface to directly interact with businesses.

By the end of this financial year, PlanForMe will be operational in Mumbai and Pune. By 2010, the company hopes to expand its reach to all the metros.

First Published : September 25, 2014 04:04 PM

Related Articles

© 2009 afaqs!