Anchor Electricals calls for a creative pitch

By Ashwini Gangal , afaqs!, Mumbai | In Advertising | October 19, 2011
The pitch is currently underway in Mumbai.

afaqs! has learnt from reliable sources that the electrical accessories brand Anchor Electricals, a 100 per cent subsidiary of Panasonic, is on the lookout for a creative agency. The pitch that is currently underway in Mumbai is for its entire product portfolio, including its complete range of electrical switches and accessories.

Anchor Electricals is currently a consolidated subsidiary of the electronic products major Panasonic. In 2007, Panasonic's parent group, Japan's Matsushita Electric Works (MEW), had bought 80 per cent stake in the Mumbai-based Anchor Electricals for about US$420 million, while Anchor's board members continued to hold the remaining 20 per cent. In September 2009, the company bought the remaining 20 per cent stake, thus making Anchor a 100 per cent subsidiary of Panasonic.

A few months after this development, in June 2010, the company went for a full-fledged corporate image revamp that comprised an aggressive and very visible OOH (out of home) campaign. The objective was to portray the birth of a new identity for Anchor, and to communicate the emergence of the brand's new logo.

Anchor Electricals' current product range consists of wires and cables, fans, switch gears, lighting and luminaries, fans, and home automation, to name a few products.

Agencies that have worked on the creative mandate for this account in the past include Art Advertising and Contract Advertising, among others.

Search Tags

© 2011 afaqs!