afaqs! Techafaqs! Campus The Mobile Indian Jobswitch Kulzy

Next Retail picks A B See Peninsular as AoR for its e-commerce vertical

There is no incumbent on the account and the ad spends are pegged at Rs 20 crore.

NEXT Retail India has roped in Mumbai-based agency A B See Peninsular as the agency of record (AoR) for its e-commerce vertical, The win for the agency comes on the back of a multi-agency pitch. There is no incumbent on the account. The account will be serviced by the agency's newly set up office in Delhi.

Amit Baid

According to industry estimates, the brand plans to spend close to Rs 20 crore on advertising for, 60 per cent of which will be on mainline and digital activities, while the remaining 40 per cent will be used for BTL (below-the-line) activities. The agency will come up with campaigns that aim to maximise traffic, time spent on the site and conversions.

Commenting on the win, Amit Baid, founder, A B See Peninsular, says, "We will invest in a media mix that is heavier on the side of direct communications, enabled by a credible visibility across press and outdoor. Social media and the web at large - 'uncommon direct media' - will be a thrust area. The mandate in two words is 'measurable results'."

Citing the reasons for selecting A B See, Abhishek Malpani, business head,, says, "The current plans at Next Retail call for some disruptive communications. While a host of agencies pitched, A B See's approach tuned perfectly with our branding grammar and passion for the electronics domain."

For the record, A B See was founded in 2009 by Baid (ex-creative team lead, Bates Asia and ex-creative head, Candid, Mumbai). It is present across Mumbai, Kolkata, Guwahati and is now setting up a base in Delhi.

Follow Nisha Menon

Major stories over the last 30 days
© 2014 afaqs!

Daily NewsLetter

Related Stories

Microsoft India appoints Reprisemedia as digital AoR
Sleepwell appoints MPG as its media AOR
Vizeum appointed media AoR for Topps India
Ibibo appoints Alliance Advertising as its media AoR