Ignitee wins digital mandate of Anchor Panasonic

By afaqs! news bureau , afaqs!, New Delhi | In Digital
Last updated : September 25, 2014 04:04 PM
The electrical product manufacturing company is making its first effort to create a presence on the digital and social media platforms. It plans to use the platform to cater to the young, tech-savvy audience.

Electrical products manufacturer Anchor Electricals, which is a 100 per cent subsidiary of Panasonic, has awarded its digital duties to Ignitee Digital, a digital marketing agency.

Dinesh Aggarwal

Atul Hegde

Dinesh Aggarwal, joint managing director, Anchor Electricals, says, "As digital and social media have been growing at a rapid pace, we felt the need to engage with our customers and our community of architects, consultants and interior designers online."

This is Anchor Electricals' maiden effort to create a presence in the digital and social media platforms. The company, better known as Anchor Panasonic, aims to use this medium to cater to the young, tech-savvy audience.

Ignitee will develop a comprehensive online presence for Anchor and position both Anchor and Panasonic as young and contemporary brands for electrical accessories.

Atul Hegde, CEO, Ignitee Digital Services, says, "Not many brands in this category have leveraged the digital medium in a big manner, and we are confident that we will set many 'firsts' in this space for this category. We have planned a series of digital activities through the year and will lead in with a unique social media community."

He adds that the campaign will target consumers who are extremely active on the digital platform. The centre of the activity will be a Facebook community page, which will enable discussions and live chats with experts on topics such as home design, architecture and others.

Ignitee Digital has won the mandate for one year; this is the first time that the agency will handle the digital presence of an electrical brand. Hegde adds that his team looks forward to the challenge.

Anchor Electricals appointed Scarecrow Communications to handle its creative duties in 2011.

The company has a portfolio of more than 3,000 products that are sold through a network of 5,000 dealers across 4.5 lakh retail outlets across the country.

In 2007, Panasonic's parent group, Japan Matsushita Electric Works (MEW), had acquired an 80 per cent stake in the Mumbai-based Anchor Electricals for about US$420 million, while Anchor's board members continued to hold the remaining 20 per cent. Later, in September 2009, MEW bought the remaining 20 per cent stake, thus making Anchor a 100 per cent subsidiary of Panasonic.

Ignitee Digital Services started its operations in 2000 and serves brands across sectors.

First Published : September 25, 2014 04:04 PM
Search Tags

© 2012 afaqs!