Frooti packs a punch on OOH

By Devesh Gupta , afaqs!, New Delhi | In OOH News | April 30, 2013
  • 37
Posterscope India's month-long outdoor campaign covers 40 cities.

Parle Agro's mango drink brand Frooti launched a month-long outdoor campaign on April 15. Executed by Posterscope India, the campaign spans 40 cities across the country and aims to increase brand visibility during the summer season.

OOH by Parle Agro to promote Frooti

OOH by Parle Agro to promote Frooti

Various innovations have been used for the campaign. While one is a larger than life image of the brand ambassador, Shahrukh Khan with a Frooti bottle in his hand on a mobile van, there are also billboards of Frooti with huge cut outs of mangoes and Frooti bottles back lit at night. Large pictures of mangoes are also put up on backlit poles and at bus Q shelters, visible from a distance of 500 m.

The brand has used more than 1000 media sites, of which about 50 per cent are billboards and 20 per cent are bus Q shelters. Other formats such as gantries, poles, kiosks and bus branding have also been used. The creatives for the campaign have been done by Creativeland Asia.

According to sources, the spends on the entire campaign are more than Rs 2 crore. Posterscope won the Frooti business two months ago in a multi-agency pitch.

Haresh Nayak, managing director, Posterscope Group, says, "Our aim was to create an impact and gather as many eyeballs as possible for the brand. With the summer season approaching, the brand aims at increasing its market share by activating this campaign."

The biggest challenge while executing the campaign was planning and strategising the placements. Interestingly, as most people buy the beverage during the day, a large part of the placement aimed to influence buying. The agency reveals that it placed 70 per cent of the media sites near heavy footfall areas such as key junctions, railways stations and other areas. The remaining 30 per cent are mostly backlit innovations. The brand has chosen several arterial roads and high points to increase visibility and presence.

Parle Agro founded brand Frooti in 1985. The company also owns several other brands such as Appy, Bailey and others.

Posterscope India is into its fifth year of operations and handles over 50 clients across categories such as FMCG, consumer durables, hospitality, finance, automobiles, real estate and lifestyle. It is part of Aegis Media's Posterscope Group in India. The Aegis Media India group comprises Posterscope, Brandscope, Hyperspace (retail), PSI (airports), Carat, Vizeum, Carat Fresh Integrated (experiential), Doosra (creative), Isobar, and IProspectCommunicate 2.

  • 37
Search Tags