afaqs!

TAM Adex: Radio dominates BFSI advertising in Q1, 2014

By afaqs! news bureau , afaqs!, New Delhi | In Media | March 25, 2015
Of the total ad pie, radio enjoyed a share of 45 per cent, followed by television with 44 per cent.

Television Audience Measurement (TAM), a measurement body, has released an overview of the advertising ad volume on different platforms by the Banking, Financial Services and Investment sector, between January to March 2014.

TAM Adex data

TAM Adex data

TAM Adex data

TAM Adex data

TAM Adex data

The report includes advertising carried out by the sector on television, print and radio.

The entire analysis is based on ad volumes expressed in secondages/column centimeters. The figures should be taken only as indicative and not absolutes.

One of the key highlights of the report is that BFSI sector increased its advertising on radio by 80 per cent. Of the total ad pie for BFSI sector, between the given period, radio constituted 45 per cent, followed by television with 44 per cent.

In the radio space, Maharashtra contributed the highest ad volumes with 18 per cent share, followed by Gujarat and Tamil Nadu, with 13 per cent each.

Interestingly, TAM report also pointed that ad volume on television and print registered a drop by 12 per cent and 21 per cent, respectively, during Q1, 2014, as compared to ad volume in Q1, 2013.

Within the television space, national channels took away 53 per cent of the ad volumes, while the rest was distributed among the regional channels during the January-March period.

In print, newspapers dominated the BFSI sector with 98 per cent of the ads, leaving only 2 per cent for magazines.

TAM Adex also revealed that 'life insurance' was the top category advertised under the BFSI sector across media, with 44 per cent share on TV, 35 per cent on radio and 14 per cent on print, during Q1, 2014.

The new brands launched in BFSI sector across media in the list of top five brands belonged to LIC.

LIC's 'New Bima Bachat' and 'New Endowment Plan' were the top two new brands of BFSI sector advertised on TV during January to March 2014. Its 'New Money Back' and 'New Bima Bachat' offerings made it to the top 5 list of new brands, within BFSI sector, advertised on radio during the same period. 'LIC New Jeevan Anand' and 'SBI Her Ghar' were the top two new brands advertised in print.

TAM envisages being the central, neutral & holistic media measurement, monitoring & analytics partner for the Indian media & marketing industry.

Search Tags