The work on this year's list of Cannes Predictions confronts consumer behaviors head-on, merging messages of real social impact with brand communication, pushing the field in unprecedented directions.
This year, the festival expands its Lions Innovation module, a two-day breakout to explore the connection between "technology, data and ideas," a growing territory for marketers. More than ever, brands are seizing the opportunity to couple creativity and cutting-edge tech to serve a higher human purpose, and this year that's manifested in efforts that make the world a safer place.
Among the list of contenders, the three campaigns that appear on the reel are Always 'Like A Girl', Samsung 'Safety Truck' and Du 'Too Distressing/Too Insulting/Too Informative'.
Samsung 'Safety Truck'
Always 'Like A Girl'
Du Tuesday 'Two For One Tickets'
Cannes Predictions: The top contenders
This year's Cannes Predictions include:
• Beats by Dre, "The Game Before the Game" / "Lebron James in Re:Established 2014" R/GA (London / Los Angeles, UK & USA)
• United Nations World Food Programme, "805 Million Names" Forsman & Bodenfors (Stockholm, Sweden)
• Leica Cameras, "100" F/Nazca Saatchi & Saatchi (Sao Paulo, Brasil)
• Ikea "Experience The Power of A BookBook" BBH Asia Pacific (Singapore, Singapore)
• Procter & Gamble - Always "#LikeAGirl" Leo Burnett (Toronto / Chicago / London, Canada, USA & UK)
• Under Armour "I Will What I Want - Gisele Bundchen" Droga5 (New York City, USA)
• ZDK - Center for Democratic Culture "Nazis Against Nazis - Germany's Most Involuntary Charity Walk" GGH Lowe, Grabarz & Partner (Hamburg, Germany)
• John Lewis "Monty The Penguin" Adam&EveDDB (London, UK)
• Optus "Clever Buoy" M&C Saatchi (Sydney, Australia)
• du - Tuesday Movie Promotion "Too Insulting" / "Too Distressing" / "Too Informative" Leo Burnett (Dubai, UAE)
• OK Go + Honda Uni-Cub "I Won't Let You Down" Mori / Drill / Dentsu / MoriMori / Kaibutsu / Birdman / Kirifuda / Creative Power Unit (Tokyo, Japan)
• Honda - Civic Type-R "The Other Side" Wieden + Kennedy (London, UK)
• Smart "The Dancing Traffic Light" BBDO (Berlin, Germany)
• Hammerhead "Hammerhead" R/GA (New York City, USA)
• Samsung "The Safety Truck" Leo Burnett (Buenos Aires, Argentina)
• GEICO "Unskippable: Family / Elevator / High Five" The Martin Agency (Richmond, USA)
• Nike - Basketball "House of Mamba" AKQA (Shanghai / London, China & UK)
• Guinness - Africa "Made Of Black" AMV BBDO (London, UK)
• Gatorade "Made In New York" TBWAChiatDay (Los Angeles, USA)
• Ubisoft - Assassin's Creed: Unity "Unity" Sid Lee (Paris, France)