afaqs! news bureau

Dainik Divya Marathi launched in Ahmednagar

This is the fourth edition of the Marathi daily in the state.

The Dainik Bhaskar Group has introduced the fourth edition of its latest product, Dainik Divya Marathi, in Maharashtra. The edition has been launched in Ahmednagar on October 16.

The Marathi newspaper has a cover price of Rs 3. The daily will have 16 pages, of which four will be dedicated to the local news supplement titled Divya City.

Dainik Divya Marathi launched in Ahmednagar
The group expects a mix of advertisers for this edition, with national advertisers contributing 60 per cent and retail advertisers forming the remaining 40 per cent.

Dainik Divya Marathi, which was launched six months ago, has its presence in Aurangabad, Nasik and Jalgaon, apart from the new location.

As in other cities where the daily was launched, the Dainik Bhaskar group adopted a twin-contact programme in Ahmednagar, too. A door-to-door survey was conducted to help map an in-depth understanding of readership patterns in the city. As per company officials, the survey revealed that Ahmednagar readers mirror readers of cities such as Aurangabad, Nasik and Jalgaon.

Sanjeev Kotnala, vice-president, marcomm, Dainik Bhaskar Group, says, "We will continue to aggressively make inroads into Maharashtra to reach out to maximum readers in this region, which will help our advertisers connect with the readers of the state."

For the record, D B Corp is a print media company that publishes eight newspapers, with 60 editions and 135 sub-editions in four languages (Hindi, Gujarati, English and Marathi), across 13 states in India. The company also has a radio brand titled My FM Radio, which is present in 17 cities, across seven states.