Recall that the India-Pakistan game, aired on February 15, was watched by 288 million viewers in India, as per TAM's previous report.
As per a report released by TAM, 257 million people watched India beat South Africa in the ICC World Cup match aired on February 22.
Moreover, the report states that 76 per cent of these 257 million viewers tuned into the match in their preferred language feed, in Hindi, Tamil, Bengali, Malayalam and Kannada. The report reveals that the English feed contributed remaining 24 per cent of the total viewers for the game.
Sanjay Gupta, COO, Star India, says, "The viewership for India's first two games of the ICC Cricket World Cup 2015 bears testimony to the cricket frenzy sweeping the nation. The fans, with their undiminished support for team India, have been treated to some quality action and results of choice. The World Cup in regional language, articulated by former India players, has taken the viewer experience to the next level. Our efforts of bringing the fans closer to the World Cup experience through a host of innovations have borne fruit and they continue to rally to team India's defence of its title."
During the first two weeks of the tournament, 473 million (TAM data CS4+ extrapolated to the universe using a standard conversion factor) viewers tuned in to watch.
On social media, the India-South Africa match got 1,75,000 unique authors, driving 254,000 conversations. The hashtag #maukepechauka was trending on Twitter through the day of the match.
Recall that the India-Pakistan game, aired on February 15, had 288 million viewers tune in, in India, as per TAM's previous report.