Starting Week 21, subscribers of BARC India will get both Household and Individual viewership ratings data on their BARC India Media Workstation (BMW) user software.
BARC India rolled out its first set of data on Individual viewership starting with Week 21 -May 23-29, 2015. In the week under review, Zee TV moved up to No. 3 position in Individual ratings data from its earlier No.4 position in Household ratings data (HSM 1L+ C&S).
Like earlier BARC India will be releasing data for 1 lakh+ C&S markets which corresponds to a sample size of 47,293 Individuals and 10,760 Households utilising 12,000 Households data.
Individual viewership ratings data will now be available in the following cuts: Gender: Male, Female
NCCS - The New SEC: New SEC A, New SEC B, New SEC C, New SEC D/E
Life stages will be reported through relevant age cuts as follows: Kids (4-8 yrs), Tweens & Schoolers (9-14 yrs), Youth (15-21 yrs), Young Adults (22-30 yrs), Adults (31-40 yrs), Peak (41-50 yrs), Mature (51-60 yrs), Seniors (61 yrs+).
The highlight for week 21:
• Zee TV moved up to No. 3 position in Individual ratings data from its earlier No. 4 position in Household ratings data (HSM 1L+ C&S)
• IPL - 49.4 million individuals in 20.7 million homes spent an average of 1hour 8 minutes watching the IPL Final.
• Times Now leads convincingly in the English news category, while India Today with its new brand name has higher reach and is No.2 this week (All India 1L+ C&S)
• Colors is the Prime Time Hindi GEC leader in Individual ratings (7:00pm to 11:30pm) (HSM 1L+ C&S)
• Star Plus is the leading Hindi GEC channel of the country (HSM 1L+ C&S)
• Sun TV is a dominant leader in Tamil Nadu market (1L+ C&S)
• Colors Kannada is the market leader in Karnataka market (1L+ C&S)
• Pogo is the market leader in Kids category (All India 4-14 yrs 1L+ C&S)
• Discovery is the leader in the infotainment category (All India 1L+ C&S)
• Zee Telugu is a dominant leader in AP/Telangana market (1L+ C&S)
• CNBC TV 18 is the leading English Business News Channel (All India 1L+ C&S)