In all, 7 media firms struck gold at the first edition of our Media Innovation Awards held at Gurugram last evening. In all, 10 Gold awards were given away.
The results of the Media Innovation Awards were announced at a fun-filled evening on March 27, in Gurugram. The idea behind this entire effort is to identify and reward innovative practices among media publishers and broadcasters in the areas of content, marketing, distribution, and, in general, at the workplace.
To add some background, the milieu of Indian media business has witnessed a period of exponential business growth and media companies in India have changed in the past decade, far more than they are given credit for.
At the heart of this success is the determination to deal with change and an ability to innovate in every aspect of the business. It is this application of unusual, yet useful ideas to improve products and services that's exactly what the Media Innovation Awards seek to recognise.
Here are the names of the brands that managed to strike Gold this year -
• Reliance Jio Infocomm (2 categories) for Jio Interact - Humane AI for the next billion internet users in the Content as well as the Distribution categories.
• The Quint (2 categories) - for Me, The Change, in the Marketing category and The Quint Lab in the Workplace category.
• Mumbai Mirror (1 category) - for Operation Khataara - Let's take back our Roads! in the Editorial category.
• Red FM (2 categories) - for Mumbai Ki Plastic Surgery in the Marketing category and Ask Rashmi - The World's first radio show with a Robot RJ in the Programming category.
• Sony BBC (1 category) - for Blue Planet II - Indian TV Premiere on Sony BBC Earth in the Marketing category.
• Hindustan Times (1 category) - for HT Mumbai Meri Hai in the Marketing category.
• Zee Hindustan (1 category) - for Zee Hindustan - Relaunch Campaign in the Marketing category.
The MI Awards jurors included:
• Deepali Naair, Director, Marketing - India & South Asia, IBM
• Divya Karani, CEO, Dentsu X
• Raghuvesh Sarup, CMO India, Microsoft
• Rahul Pansare, Head Marketing Communications & PR, FCA India-Automobiles
• Rathi Gangappa, CEO, Starcom India
• Sapna Chadha, Marketing Director, Southeast Asia & India, Google
• Sidharth Rao, CEO and Co-founder, Webchutney
• Tushar Vyas, President - Growth and Transformation, South Asia, Group M
10 brands took home Silver awards while 9 carried home Bronze awards.
Click here to see the complete list of winners.