The second edition of the Digipub Awards was held yesterday at the Crown Plaza, Gurgaon. Organised by afaqs!, the Digipub Awards is a part of Digipub World which is the first and only business event focused exclusively on web publishing that has it all from conferences and exhibitions to awards.
The event is partnered by - Timesnownews.com (platinum partner); Akamai and Facebook (silver partners); and Freshworks, Vidooly, comScore, Quintype, Times Internet, and 24 Frames Digital (bronze partners).
There has roughly been a 50 per cent growth in entries from last year, in part because of the increase in the number of categories.
The second edition of the awards, which saw participation from a lot of major publishing groups, was once again dominated by The Quint with five Gold and four Silver awards. They also bagged the Website of the Year (General News and Features) award in English. Bloomberg Quint, went on to win the Website of the Year (Business) award in the same language.
In all, 17 Gold, 15 Silver and six Website of the Year awards were given away at this year's Digipub Awards.
The Quint's five Gold awards included - Best Article/Video Feature (Shooting Stars Bollywood's Paparazzi Culture); Best Article/Video Series category (I have a question?); Best Interactive Story (Finding Freedom); Best Native Advertising (Madhya Pradesh Tourism); and Best Site Design (Quint website redesign).
The Quint went on to grab its first Silver award for Best Article/Video Feature (Rape is Consensual: Inside Haryana's Rape Culture). The next three Silver awards were for Best Article/Video Series (Help Chhutki), (Let's Talk Sex) and finally, for Best Innovation in Publishing (Talking Stalking).
Vice India, only recently launched in the country, won two Gold awards. The first for Best Brand Partnership (Kangchenjunga Calling: A Film at 8500+ Metres Above Sea Level). The second award was granted for Best Use of Video (VICE India - The Voice of a Generation).
Other Gold award winners included -
• Worldwide Media for Best Use of Social Media (Second Edition of Filmfare Short Films Awards);
• Insight Media (G Plus) for Best Columnist (Guwahati Adda);
• Sportskeeda for Best Use of Social Media (Philips Male Grooming Brand Ambassador Reveal - Sportskeeda); and
• The Ministry of Utmost Happiness for Best Innovation in Publishing (Re: Reader: Ministry of Utmost Happiness). This is a website to promote Arundhati Roy's book with the same name.
Times Internet went on to win three Silver awards - for Best Article/Video Series (MensXP Toughest Men In India); for Best Interactive Story (TOI Are You Smarter Than Jaitley); and for Best Use of Video (IDiva South Delhi Girls).
Other Silver award winners included -
• WittyFeed for Best Brand Partnership (InnerVoice - Best Brand Partnership - Reebok Case Study);
• Jagran New Media for Best Native Advertising (JagranJosh.com); and
• Transition Insight for Best Podcast (Play to Potential Podcast).
Indian Language Winners:
WittyFeed also won a Gold for Best Brand Partnership (Wittyfeed - Best Brand Partnership - Padman Case Study) with a second award for Best Use of Social Media (WittyFeed - Best Use of Social Media - SRM IST Case Study).
Gold award winners in this included -
• Asianet News Online for Best Article/Video Feature (Asianet News Malayalam - Heithi Sadiya);
• Chitralekha for Best Article/Video Series (Gujarat Assembly Elections - December 2017);
• Roar Media under Best Site Design (they also won a Silver award for Best Article/Video Feature (History of The Condom)); and
• TV Today Network for Best Use of Video category (So Sorry).
Mathrubhumi.com won Website of the Year for both, - General News and Features and Lifestyle and Infotainment. They also bagged two Silver awards for - for Best Article/Video Feature (Daring life of a fisherwoman - Rekha) and Best Use of Social Media (Mathrubhumi re-imagine the future).
Other awards given out for languages other than English included -
• I am Gujarat - Website of the Year for Best Emerging Website;
• Timesnownews.com - Website of the Year for Best Emerging Website.
• Navbharat Times - Silver award for Best Article/Video Series (NBT Suno Zindagi); and
• The Lallantop - Silver for Best Article/Video Series (The Lallantop Political Kisse).
• Most Innovative News App award was given to India TV.
For feedback/comments, please write to email@example.comFirst Published : September 21, 2018 04:13 AM