New Delhi, April 08, 2009
At the advent of summer vacations Nikon wants to celebrate and share the joy of vacationers by launching its latest range of eight compact COOLPIX cameras. Through this range Nikon is set to surprise the customer by offering exceptional technology in a compact packaging making for a style statement that comes at fantastic prices. These cameras include four Style Series cameras; three Life Series cameras & one Performance Series camera.
Throwing light on the philosophy behind launching the latest COOLPIX range, Mr Hidehiko Tanaka, Managing Director, Nikon India said, "In keeping with our consumer focused approach followed across the world, we decided to launch Nikon’s latest COOLPIX range this month to correspond with the vacation season in India. This new offering of the COOLPIX cameras will help our customers gear up for their vacation plans to capture memorable and fun filled moments with loved ones.”
Targeting the consumers on the onset of holiday season will be the focus of Nikon this season. To popularize this COOLPIX range the company will aim to reach out to its target customers through various communication mediums like in shop brandings, print advertisements, online space etc.
"With this new range of eight cameras, Nikon once again offers array of features to its varied customers. We strongly feel that a camera must be a reflection of the one using it. Consumers look for a host of criteria while choosing a camera like technology, appearances, ease-of-use and most of all the quality of images the camera produces and we can proudly say that Nikon is the answer to all the above.” Added Mr. Tanaka, emphasizing on the excellence of Nikon cameras.
All eight COOLPIX cameras incorporate Nikon’s world-class NIKKOR lenses, delivering extremely accurate detail and brilliant color, as well as Nikon’s EXPEED™ digital image processing concept, which ensures high-quality pictures with stunning color and sharpness. New features across the COOLPIX line include; Touch Focus, which allows user to touch one’s subject to set autofocus and exposure for the shoot. Smart Portrait System, which ensures a bright smile being captured without blinking; Enhanced Face-priority Auto Focus, which can detect up to 12 faces-per-image and adjusts brightness on the subject’s face to ensure well-balanced exposure of a whole picture; and Scene Auto Selector which automatically selects the most appropriate mode according to a picture-taking situation. These features take the guess work out of photography and help ensure every picture is a beautiful picture.
Nikon's New COOLPIX P90 Offers Versatility and Advanced Features
With the new COOLPIX P90, part of the flagship Performance Series of cameras, Nikon introduces the ideal camera for photo enthusiasts, travel photographers and consumers with more advanced photography skills. The camera features a 24x Optical Zoom, covering wide angle to super telephoto [26-624mm (35mm format)], a new 3.0-inch vari-angle LCD monitor with tilt function and anti-reflection coating, and 15 fps high-speed capability.
Additional features of the P90 include a 4-Way VR Image Stabilization System; ISO 6400 capability (3mp); electronic viewfinder; Scene Auto Selector; Quick Retouch; and Distortion Control. These features combine to enable consumers to enjoy photo shooting in a wide range of situations.
The Nikon COOLPIX P90 will be available nationwide April 2009. Comes in Black color and retails for Rs. 25,950
Nikon's New COOLPIX S-Series Features Leading Technologies in Stylish Metal Bodies
Nikon extends its Style Series line of compact digital cameras with the introduction of the new COOLPIX S630, S620, S230 and S220 cameras. The S-Series boasts a range of trendy colors, sleek bodies, and some of the most innovative technology available in a compact digital camera, making the S-Series ideal for consumers seeking style and superior features at an affordable price. The new COOLPIX S-Series cameras will be available nationwide April 2009 onwards. Specific camera features include:
• COOLPIX S630: Pocket-sized camera with 12.0 megapixels; 7x Optical Zoom; 2.7-inch LCD; Sport Continuous Mode for shooting up to 11 frames-per-second (fps); Scene Auto Selector; Quick Retouch; Blink Proof; 4-Way VR Image Stabilization; ISO 6400 capability; Available in Silver color and retails for Rs.24,950
• COOLPIX S620: 12.2 megapixels; 4x-wide Optical Zoom; Incredibly fast start-up time of 0.7 seconds; Subject Tracking; Scene Auto Selector; Quick Retouch; Blink Proof; Motion Detection; 4-Way VR Image Stabilization; ISO 6400 capability full resolution; Available in one color (Black) and retails for Rs. 18,950
• COOLPIX S230: Innovative Touch Screen Design on a 3.0-inch high resolution LCD; 3x Optical Zoom; One-touch Focus and Zoom, Write and Draw Functions;10.0 megapixels; Scene Auto Selector; Quick Retouch; Smart Portrait System; Blink Proof; 4-Way VR Image Stabilization; ISO 2000 capability; Available in three colors (Purple, Red and Silver) and retails for Rs. 14,250.
• COOLPIX S220: Slim body design (18mm) with 2.5-inch LCD; Scene Auto Selector; 10.0 megapixels; 3x Optical Zoom; Smart Portrait System; Blink Proof; Quick Retouch; 4-Way VR Image Stabilization; Available in five colors (Silver, Green, Purple, Blue and Magenta). This retails for Rs. 9,950.
Nikon's New Life Series Cameras Combine Quality and High Performance with Outstanding Operating Ease
With the introduction of the L100, L20 and L19, Nikon’s Life Series cameras offer a range of zoom and megapixels, including the 15x Optical Zoom NIKKOR lens in the L100, covering from 28mm wide-angle to 420mm telephoto. The L-Series also offers easy to use features, such as Scene Auto Selector and Nikon’s Smart Portrait System, making it the ideal camera line for family photographers looking for great value. The new COOLPIX S-Series cameras will be available nationwide April 2009 onwards. Specific camera features include:
• COOLPIX L100: 10.0 megapixels; Large, bright 3.0-inch high-resolution LCD with anti-reflection coating; Scene Auto Selector; 15x Optical Zoom covering wide angle to super telephoto [28-420mm (35mm format)]; Sport Continuous Mode can take pictures up to 30 consecutive frames at 13 fps; 4-Way VR Image Stabilization System; and Smart Portrait System. This is available in Black color and retails for Rs. 18,450
• COOLPIX L20: 10.0 megapixels; Large, bright 3.0-inch LCD monitor; 3.6x zoom; Easy Auto Mode with Scene Auto Selector; Smart Portrait System; Motion Detection; 5 color options for special effects; and powered by (2) AA batteries; Available in Silver, Black and Red colors and retails for Rs. 8,950
• COOLPIX L19: 8.0 megapixels; Large, bright 2.7-inch LCD monitor; 3.6x zoom; Easy Auto Mode with Scene Auto Selector; Smart Portrait System; Motion Detection; 5 color options for special effects; and powered by (2) AA batteries; Available in Silver color and retails for Rs.7,450
For further information, please contact: