Scoring good marks in the IBPS PO exam 2019, you need to adopt smart hard work strategies with the right direction and guidance. It is not mandatory to join any coaching classes for the same rather invest in crucial hours of self-study to ace the exam with sure-shot success.
The best approach to score good marks in the exam is by adopting some of the best and important tips and strategies and also knowing the exam pattern of the exam. As the IBPS PO Prelims exam 2019 is scheduled to be held in October, you must start preparing in advance.
Strategies to Clear IBPS PO 2019 Without Coaching
A candidate will be selected after considering aspirant’s performance in three stages of the BPS PO exam, which are Prelims, Mains and Interview. You need to clear the stage 1 in order to appear for stage 2 and vice versa.
The preparation for the IBPS PO exam 2019 can be divided into three essential preparation strategies, which are as follows:
1. Know the exam pattern and the complete syllabus of the IBPS PO exam 2019 before commencing with your preparation for the exam. This also includes knowing the important and scoring topics of the exam which are frequently asked in the exam. You should also be careful while dedicating the time allotment for each section.
2. Invest in good quality of books which help you in understanding the concepts of the topics in simple understandable language. Get textbooks that are reliable and are based in accordance with the latest and official syllabus of the exam. Further, try to learn a quick calculation tool and short trick for solving the questions quickly.
3. After that, practice the questions and solve test series and previous year question papers. You can also enrol in the Test Series provided by Gradeup, which assists you in knowing the difficulty level of the exam and can also boost your confidence.
Sectional Preparation Tips for IBPS PO 2019
The following tips and strategies will provide students with detailed assistance on how to deal with each and every portion of the IBPS PO exam.
Let’s start with the English Language section of IBPS PO:
• Make a habit of reading English newspapers every day as this is a significant part of your preparation.
• Read thoroughly the comprehension passage for acing this section.
• Practice reading all types of passages as the question paper contains passages on any of the following topics like fiction, sports, history, etc.
• Cloze test is an integral part of the exam. Never overlook or ignore this topic as it can help you score 5-10 marks in the test.
• Having a good vocabulary is very important for this section.
• It is suggested to make your concepts clear and for that, you can use NCERT books of 6-12 standard.
• One of the important and scoring sections which are time-consuming on the same hand.
• Begin your preparation from scratch as this section needs a good amount of time to get familiar with.
• To learn the shortcut tricks to solve lengthy problems, do not waste money on coaching classes rather buy books or you can also join online coaching classes.
• Covering 15 chapters, you need to prepare the logic behind every topic. The rest depends on an individual’s speed of solving the problems.
• Data Interpretation is an important topic of the section. Be thorough with it and practice the questions as much as you can.
• Apply logic and common sense to solve the questions from this section.
• The most common topic and difficult is ‘Circular Seat Arrangement’. Other areas where you can easily score are:
• Data sufficiency
• Direction Test
• Blood Relations
• Machine Input Output
• Age related problems
Recommended Books for IBPS PO 2019
The good books will help students in a great deal in getting acquainted with the IBPS PO Syllabus and exam pattern. The more questions you attempt, the better your chances of scoring will increase. Here are some of the preparatory books to benefit you in preparing well for the exams. The important books are:
• A Modern Approach to Verbal & Non-Verbal Reasoning by R.S Agarwal
• A new Approach to Reasoning Verbal and Non-Verbal 2nd Edition- Indu Sijwali & B.S. Sijwali
• Comprehensive Guide to IBPS-CWE Bank PO by Disha Publications
• The Complete Success Package – Bank PO Recruitment Examination 7 by Arihant Publications
• Quantitative Aptitude by RS Aggarwal
• Essential English Grammar by Murphy
• Target IBPS-CWE Bank PO/ MT Exam Practice Workbook with CD (3rd English edition) by Disha Publication
Bonus Tips for Cracking IBPS PO 2019
• Always pick appropriate study material to form the right base of your preparation.
• Make study groups and self-study instead of attending coaching classes.
• Eat healthy and sleep well prior to the IBPS PO exam days.
• Focus on key features like shortcut tricks, formulas, important points for revision in the last minute.
• Go through all the topics multiple times and revise the important topics.
• Do not invest your time on just one topic rather distribute your time wisely.
• Take part in online BPS PO test series and previous year question papers.
• Do not mark answers based on guesswork as that can lead you to negative marking in the exam.
Cracking and scoring good marks in the IBPS PO exam 2019 is easy without the help of coaching. You should follow the above-mentioned tips and strategies for acing the IBPS PO exam 2019. For more information or query regarding strategies to score 80+ marks in IBPS PO 2019, drop your comment in the comment section below.