Mumbai, January 7 2010
The much awaited Bloomberg UTV | Autocar India Awards 2011 concluded amidst great fanfare today. It was time once again for the stalwarts of the Indian automobile industry to take centre stage. The Bloomberg UTV | Autocar India Awards 2011 presented by HDFC Bank set the benchmark as an exceptional evening in the calendar of events for the year with some of the most prominent personalities from the Automobile, Finance and Entertainment Industry gracing the event.
The grandeur of the evening was further enhanced when Silver Screen Diva and critically acclaimed actress Vidya Balan presented the award for the Best Car & Bike of the Year to Ford Figo and Honda CB Twister respectively.
The awards have been associated with unrivaled credibility due to its rigorous selection procedure and its distinguished jury, which ensured that the most deserving cars and bikes were declared winners in their respective categories. This year was the jury led by Hormazd Sorabjee, Editor, Autocar India and foremost auto enthusiast in the country; Shapur Kotwal, Deputy Editor, Autocar India; Renuka Kirpalani; Editor, The Autocar Show; Narain Karthikeyan, India's foremost racing driver; Dilip Chhabria, India's leading Car Designer; Manwendra Singh, India's leading Automobile Historian; Dilip Rogger, Ace Motorcycle Racer; Rishad Cooper, Two-wheeler Editor, Autocar India and Kartikeya Singhee, Deputy Editor, Autocar Show.
The list of categories and the winners are as follows:
• Car of the Year- Ford Figo
• Best Value for Money Car- Ford Figo
• Best Design & Styling - BMW 5-Series
• Best Variant of the Year- Maruti Suzuki Alto K10
• Best Car Advertisement of the Year-Tata Nano
• Manufacturer of the Year- Ford
• Best Driver's Car- Mitsubishi Evo X
• Technology & Innovations Award- Volvo XC60
• Saloon Car of the Year- Toyota Etios
• 4x4 of the Year- Skoda Yeti
• Compact Car of the Year- Maruti Suzuki WagonR
• Premium Compact car of the Year- Ford Figo
• Green Award- Toyota Prius
• Bike of the Year- Honda CB Twister
• Import Bike of the Year- Ducati Multistrada 1200
• Viewer's Choice Car of the Year- Ford Figo
• Viewer's choice Bike of the Year- Honda CB Twister
• Car Dealer of the Year- Kataria Automobiles - Rohan Kataria
• Motor Insurance Agent of the Year- Mangesh Auto Centre - Reena Milind Wagle
Watch the exclusive telecast of the Awards on Bloomberg UTV on 22 January at 10 pm and 23 January at 9.30 am.
For further information, please contact:
LINOPINION - The Lintas Public Relations Division