MUMBAI, September 18
BIG 92.7fm is poised to create history with its pan India presence, spanning across 45 cities, 1000 towns and 50,000 villages and reaching 200 million Indians across the length and breadth of the country. The Company plans to take radio as a medium of entertainment not only to the key metros, but also to virgin markets that have never before experienced radio as a medium of entertainment.
Every medium of entertainment relies on its content to get its target audience attracted to it. To address the competitive nature of Radio as a medium and to ensure the station stands out from the clutter, BIG 92.7fm has undertaken extensive research and in-depth analysis of the likes and dislikes of its listener’s before putting together its innovative programs.
• Today the radio industry lacks in its relevance and aspiration. BIG 92.7fm will fill this need-gap with its relevant content and aspirational RJ’s.
• BIG 92.7fm promises not only to entertain but to inform and empower the listener with utilities that one may take for granted. The station has designed utilities such as traffic and weather updates along with time checks and health tips to help optimize the listener’s time management and health.
• Another important content strategy of the Station is “Acknowledgement of local Heroes in our Society”. BIG 92.7fm aims to honor the deserving common man who works relentlessly and voluntarily for the betterment of society.
• Key shows will be hosted by personalities like, Pallavi Joshi & Vrijesh Hirjee in Mumbai, Mona ‘Jassi’ Singh & Gaurav ‘Nandu’ Ghera in Delhi, Kaushik & Sheilajit in Kolkatta, C K Chandru and Dayanand in Bangalore, Uma Riaz Khan in Chennai and Jhansi in Hyderabad. These celebrities will interact with the listeners in their language; as they share their emotions, on a daily basis, adding to the aspirational appeal of the station. In addition to this, we will also have a unique spiritual show hosted by Shweta Tiwari.
• For the humor quotient, Sunil Pal of TGILC tickling listeners’ funny bone. Adding freshness and variety will be a host of new RJ talent identified and trained by stalwarts from the international radio industry.
• Apart from the above, a very strong music strategy has been put into place…Auditorium Music Tests (ATM’s) have been conducted across all cities and over 1000 songs run past the sample audiences to verify both local flavor and the city-connect. It was observed that most cities played songs that were ‘perceived’ as favorites but in actual fact were not so! Hence based on these findings, the station will air tunes, 40% of which will be exclusively heard only on BIG 92.7fm. The music played will span eras and genres so that it appeals to all.
• For BIG 92.7 FM, nothing is more important than making the listener’s voice heard. Hence for the first time in India, a Radio Station will boast of outdoor broadcasting vans (OB Vans). These will be stationed across the city to broadcast listeners’ opinions and comments on various topics.
• We are investing more than 40 crores in the year of launch itself to ensure that our brand remains top of mind for consumers and their station of choice.