afaqs! news bureau

Network18 launches ForbesLife in India

Raghav Bahl and Christopher Forbes launched the Indian edition of the lifestyle title in Mumbai.

Forbes Media has launched its lifestyle title, ForbesLife in India. Christopher Forbes, vice-chairman, Forbes Media LLC and Raghav Bahl, founder and editor, Network18, launched the Indian edition in Mumbai on January 28.

The magazine is a Network18 venture, in partnership with Forbes Media. After the launch of Forbes India in 2009, this is the second title being introduced by Network18, as part of its content licensing arrangement with Forbes Media.

Network18 launches ForbesLife in India
ForbesLife will be a quarterly title with a cover price of Rs 200. The magazine will cover four themes: Think, Live, Work and Play. Its aim is to curate for the busy, but discerning readers -- the executives and entrepreneurs -- the best that life has to offer.

Put together by Charles Assisi, editor of ForbesLife India, the 226-page inaugural issue of the magazine will have features from well-known contributors, including writers, artists, photographers and domain experts from across the world.

The cover story of the maiden edition is titled "The First Immortals: how we could live forever", which explores the possibility of extending one's lifespan indefinitely, by making a few lifestyle changes, along with regular exercise and the use of dietary supplements and medication.

According to the company, ForbesLife will not follow the typical format followed by a lifestyle magazine. "It is a lavishly-produced book, filled with some fine narratives and experiences, and will cover the worlds of culture, health, travel, science, living and more," says Assisi.

Network18 launches ForbesLife in India
In an official communiqué, Assisi says, "Finding the best things in life isn't about looking at the most expensive things alone. We believe, it is about looking at the most exclusive set of experiences that money alone can't buy. It is about being in a certain frame of mind. And, it is on that frame of mind that ForbesLife India is focussed on."

As far as the synergy between ForbesLife's international editions and the Indian edition is concerned, 80 per cent of the content for the Indian edition will be generated in India, while the remaining 20 per cent will be international.

Since, it is a premium lifestyle magazine catering to a select audience, ForbesLife will be available at non-conventional outlets, such as airports, key newsstands and other strategic locations.

According to the company officials, the full-page ad rate for the magazine is Rs 6.5 lakh. Advertisers will include various luxury brands, which are present in India.

Have news to share? Write to us