According to sources, the media duties for Indian Oil have been split between Madison and Lodestar Universal
The decision on the Indian Oil media duties, the pitch for which began in July 2007, has been made, say sources. The decision on the creative duties is still awaited. The sources inform agencyfaqs! that the media duties have been split between Madison and Lodestar Universal. However, the sources declined to comment on the exact nature of the split.
TME (The Media Edge, Rediff’s media entity) was the incumbent agency of record (AoR) for Indian Oil. It participated in the pitch process along with agencies such as Lodestar Universal, ZenithOptimedia and Madison Media.
In addition, Indian Oil’s ad spends for the coming year are pegged at Rs 120 crore; of this, 60 per cent will be allocated to above-the-line media (television, press, radio and outdoor), and the remaining 40 per cent to below-the-line activities (on-ground events, retail activation and sales promotions).
Several attempts were made to contact the Indian Oil officials which went futile.