Thwink BIG will focus on talent incubation, development and creating original content.
In a recent announcement, BIG FM has launched a short-form video and audio talent incubator and marquee content studio Thwink BIG. It will contribute towards making the brand future ready for catering to growing consumer and advertiser needs and changing media trends. It encapsulates three core aspects that are at the centre of the network’s strategy - excellent music, outstanding story-telling and captivating social experiments.
Thwink will also produce all the national shows like Suhaana Safar With Annu Kapoor and The 90s Show With Anu Malik.
Spearheaded by Manish Karnatak, the studio consists of top talent in both audio and video like Aditya Parwatkar who heads national programming for BIG FM with diverse career experiences in the media industry and Vanshika Sharma who is a passionate storyteller with over 12 years of extensive programming experience with media outfits such as Voot. The respective Audio and Video Creative Directors along with Manish and the team dedicatedly work towards delivering end-to-end content solutions across radio and digital platforms for both audio and video formats.
Commenting on the launch, Tarun Katial, CEO, BIG FM, says in a press release, “Thwink will be a strong pillar to our content marketing offering for consumers and advertisers. We have put together a team of experts who will curate marquee cutting-edge content across mediums - audio and video deployed on Radio and Digital and work closely with talent across genres. It will also serve as a go-to partner for advertisers for creating clutter breaking content, spikes and solutions. It will enable strategic innovation and creation of quality content with increased efficiency. Thwink is our vision for the future of content in the industry.”
Speaking on the studio launch, Manish Karnatak, national creative director BIG FM and head, Thwink BIG, says in a press release, “It is really important to have a strong understanding of the consumers needs in the uncertain digital domain. At the same time, it is key to possess capabilities to deliver on those fronts. Thwink BIG acts as a one-stop-shop in accelerating production of innovative content to further expand our repertoire of offerings and cater to higher volumes of media consumption in today’s times. We thrive on digital content and our aim is to empower content creators to take their offering to the next level. We have already produced and delivered differentiated content and will continue to offer this for our customers and consumers.”
The studio has already delivered high impact campaigns for renowned brands over the past two months:
• The recently concluded popular on-air singing talent hunt Benadryl BIG Golden Voice - Season 5 went through a complete transformation from a pure on-air concept to a digital led one. In this season which had ace director Anu Malik as the judge, the top 10 contestants collaborated with established singers and composers like Kavita Seth, Prajakta Shukre, Rupali Moghe, Shahid Mallya, Vishal Mishra and many more to create original songs featured through a series of webisodes which has garnered over 50 million views and counting
• Taking the legacy of storytelling forward, a touching short film based on a real-life story of a visually impaired couple was presented with an original score this Valentine’s Day. #LoveIsntBlind trended on Twitter and Yoodlee Films’ (Saregama India) Kuchh Bheege Alfaaz partnered with us to create interesting content around this concept. Popular television personalities Pooja Gor and Raj Singh Arora added their charm by starring in the video directed by Gaurav Bajaj of Notorious Owl Pictures
• The #BeatTheBudget short format video series for AirAsia starring famous comedian Suresh Menon began as a social experiment followed by a panel discussion and debate which seamlessly delivered the brand message with video views across social platforms still pouring in
• The 90s Show With Anu Malik video aptly captured the 90s Bollywood flavour with a groovy television commercial
• The #NoKhaaliPet initiative with Akshaya Patra Foundation and Nature Fresh Sampoorna Chakki Atta on World Human Rights Day aimed at spreading awareness among the citizens around the long-standing issue of hunger and malnutrition in the country. The team also created a high decibel impact through a dedicated musical rendition ‘Khaali Pet’ which was sung by a group of children and composed by renowned music director Ravi Singhal.