The 20th Annual General Meeting (AGM) of The Indian Broadcasting Foundation (IBF) was held in New Delhi today. In the IBF Board of Directors meeting thereafter, N.P. Singh, CEO, Sony Pictures Network, was re-elected as the Foundation’s President.
On being appointed IBF President for a second tenure Singh said, “I am elated to lead IBF when the Industry is at crossroads trying desperately to have some iota of certainty and stability in the regulatory space. IBF leads the advocacy for the broadcasting fraternity and strives to provide an invigorating atmosphere for the sector to grow. To provide the leadership at this crucial juncture comes both as a challenge and opportunity. I look forward to meet all the challenges in conjunction with the Board members and office bearers of the Foundation. I am confident that in keeping with the vision of Hon’ble Prime Minister of digital India and ease of doing business, the sector will get its legitimate recognition.”
IBF also announced its new officer bearers for the year 2019-2020:
1. Vice-President: Rajat Sharma, Chairman, India TV
2. Vice-President: Sudhanshu Vats, Group CEO, Viacom 18 India
3. Vice-President: Madhavan, Managing Director, Asianet Communications Ltd.
4. Vice-President: Siddharth Jain, Managing Director (South Asia), Turner International
5. Treasurer: Shashi Vempati, CEO, Prasar Bharati
In the subsequent Board meeting, Megha Tata of Discovery and John Brittas of Malayalam Communications have been appointed as Co-opted Directors in the IBF Board.