Pritha Mitra

Chennai’s CMM Advertising bags Empee Distilleries account

The size of the business is pegged to be Rs 6-7 crore

Following a multi-agency pitch, CMM Advertising, Chennai, has bagged both the creative and media duties for Empee Distilleries, which includes Elcanso Rum and All Gold Brandy. The size of the business is pegged to be Rs 6-7 crore. Elcanso Rum is a new brand under the Empee flagship, which has three variants. The product is slated to be launched after January 15, 2006.

Speaking to agencyfaqs!, Shrinath Reddy, manager, business development, Empee Distilleries, says, “We liked the level of involvement and approach that CMM showed during the pitch and we felt they would take us to success.”

He adds, “Elcanso is a new brand, which, after it is launched in Tamil Nadu, will be marketed heavily at the national level. All Gold Brandy was available only in Kerala, but now we plan to take it all over South India.”

Talking about their plans for the brand communication for both products, Vijay Sekhar, director, CMM Advertising, says, “We offered a holistic, integrated plan that involves both above-the-line and below-the-line (BTL) solutions. We will concentrate on primarily launching, sustaining and building the brand in a category that is extremely brand conscious.”

Around 60 per cent of the total advertising budget will be spent on surrogate advertising on television. The remaining 40 per cent will be spent on print and BTL activities.

Empee Distilleries is a part of the Rs 1,100 crore Empee Group with various business divisions including liquor, sugar, hotels and power.

CMM Advertising is headquartered in Chennai and has branches in Bangalore, Hyderabad and Kochi.

© 2005 agencyfaqs!

Have news to share? Write to us